Thursday, November 5, 2009

Here's something I revampt the other day.

Originally I had received this by winning a bridal shower game.  It's not that I didn't like the verse or look of it, it just wasn't something to go with my style or craft nook!



So, I did what any other self respecting crafter would do...make something new out of it!  I have scrapbook paper I bought just to make things look pretty.  I am so glad I bought it!  Here's the finished product:






I decided to leave the frame itself the same bronze-like color.  It's not too bad with the picture itself.  I found the tree somewhere on Google?  I will have to find it again.  The neat thing about the leaves is when I was cutting them out with a X-ACTO knife, they left their 'image' on the paper I was cutting from.  Meaning, I now have this neat looking paper with a design that looks best with white underneath it (pop-effect) and is ready to go for another project!  : )  Happy places!

5 comments:

  1. hoo hoo said the owl so far I'm liking these craft projects. Are you going to design a Christmas card this year? I hope you and Nick are doing well and have fun in Florida for Thanksgiving. Take care, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! It's always so nice to be able to recycle/repurpose something you already have into something fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vivienne! Thanks for responding!
    I haven't given up on my blog yet, just I haven't really been posting my stuff I've done b/c my camera died (although I just got a new one!!! :D )
    I also don't know how to really go about getting it up and published, but seeing you commented really surprised me and I guess gave me some motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool!...why have i not seen this before?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Melissa
    lol, I have no idea? Maybe b/c it was when I was in Kentucky with a slow computer/technology, unorganized/unhappy in the state AND my phone didn't send pictures....yeah, that's about right, plus life's daily duties :D

    ReplyDelete