Saturday, April 2, 2011

Is that an onion??

Yes, I am afraid so…

IMG_0083

Okay, let me explain. I bought a lot of onions from Sam’s and a handful of them sprouted really well. I planted two in an outside flower pot (one of which I found a cute black and white bunny eating). Another one is in a flower pot inside (not planted, just for show) and then there is this one.

It’s spring time. I wanted to bring in a bulbed flower inside. I was not willing to pay for them though just yet. A) Just got a job so waiting for a paycheck and B) when you live in an apartment, with inadequate lighting and space, plants do not thrive so well (at least for me, and I do also tend to forget about them if they are in the window because I don’t see them…)

IMG_0086

So, this is what I can do for now, and you know what, I am okay with that. I added tiny pink flowers to make it look cooler too – and more spring like.

IMG_0084

Also, you can eat the tips of the onions. So the two outside are like my go to green large chives. OR, I guess I can use them like scallions too next time it is called in a recipe!

:D You do what you can when you can!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, yay! I am glad you commented Kirsten! That means so much :) Thanks girl! (too bad I don't know how to actually respond to people on here yet other than just a regular posting??)

    ReplyDelete